Friday, November 18, 2005

 

Getting the hang of it..

Not sure about the set ups and all the ins and out just yet.. I did read that they have a Microsoft Word plug in that you can use to write posts in Word and publish from there.. I may try that.. cuz you know my spelling sucks lol. Oh wait.. lol I just noticed that Blogger does have spell checker..cool.

I MISSSSSSS my AOL Journal!! I feel sad and hurt and like my resolve is about to waver.. New things are hard sometimes. I am really still hoping (ya I know) that this is still all temparary . I told Josh today all the goings on with the J~Land and how I am likely going to cut off AOL all together.. You know his response..

"Whaaaaaahoooo!!!!!!! ABOUT TIME MARY!!"

Ya.. That didn't make me feel any better.. If anything worse. And I am getting highly annoyed with how some of those who choose to stay with the drug (figurative) dealers, non respecting,money grubbing AOL. Attacking us for doing what we feel is right. I didn't call anyone names for wanting to stay with AOL.. sad sad sad. I think the underlying thing with them is they are going to miss how the community was before the Exit of the majority and are afraid.. as they should be, who isn't? That community spirit we had going is never going to be the same.

For me it is a BIG DEAL!! Ad Banners over night.. with out asking about my feelings on it. AND what if one of those banners were for a company I highly found offensive?? You know I will NOT support any company that has anything to do with abotion or Planned Parenthood.. what if they wanted to put one of those companies on thier adversing list that graced my blog?! They need to go and go like YESTERDAY! I may consider some consesions.... like if they put them on the bottom and gave me a CHOICE.. but we know big corporations don't seem to listen to thier customers any more.

BUT I miss my daily posting and getting it all out. Yesterday I accomplished something big for me. I got my plates renewed and plates for Josh's new car done!!! Ya, that may not seem like a big deal to some but it was for me.. and thankfuly not as painful as I thought it would be. Since Josh has been out of town I have had to do a lot more of the stuff that is usually his department. The plates was a big deal. Mine had expired in Sep.. so I have constantly been looking over my shoulder worrying about being pulled over and getting a ticket.. And to make it worse the insurance had lasped.. so I had to also get that done. Why did I let it go for so long? Mostly my excuse was money and time.. But really because I had never done it before and I am extremely shy when I am in new situations and was horrified at the thought of a DMV worker laughing in my face for not having some correct paper work. Again.. stupid I know.. I now see how I let fear rule my life for a bit.. no longer. A new assertive Mary is starting to emerge. Watch out world! LOL

Today is going to be a busy day.. nice that I got up before the rest of the house .. for once. I have to do a mad dash cleaning effort and laundry and then latter today I am going to Lilly's class for some parent-child arts and crafts. My friend is going to pick up Sophia so I can go. I also need to get to the post office or someplace and have Josh's plates for his care shipped to him overnight..ugh. And then tonight the kids and I are going to church for the "LOCK IN" We are going to stay the night there and have some fun. But we have to leave early Saturday morning so Zane can do the pick up with his troop for Scouting For Food (don't forget to put your bags out folks).

If I only had all that to contend with it would be no biggie. But it seems Josh's uncle has decided to come in to town for the weekend to visit. Ummm.. Josh is not here so I don't know what to do with him... Monday was the first I had heard of this planned visit. When I asked Josh if he had heard about it he said, "DIDN'T I TELL YOU LAST WEEK?? Haven't you talked with my mom?? Opps sorry." Sheeeesh.. Typical Male right ?? LOL But that is ok.. I'll keep pushing threw. ONE MORE WEEK AND HE WILL BE HOME! You know I am going to be EXTRA thankful this Thanksgiving. And Josh will be home for the whole weekend.. 4 days, wow.. What will I do with him *evil grin*

Comments:
Hiya mary is Lori ALot are coming back. Here is the way I look at it concerning the banners. Now you will probably understand this. When you rented your house the land lord who took care of the upkeep could come in and do what ever he wanted. If he wanted to put a sign in your yard or banner he could. You did not OWN the house you were just renting yes it was home to you. But you were a renter. Now that you own your house you pay for upkeep and such and no one can come in andput a sign in your yard. Because you own it. But now if the plumbing tears up YOU take care of it before the land lord did. Same with AOL they OWN the server. We are just renting a spot or house there for our journals. Now woudl have been nice ot have notice but no law says they have to.So thats the way I see it. NO I dont like the banners. But hey Im not paying for upkeep of all that system and such and I dont own AOL. AOL journals are so easy I just cant give up my over two years and up and move. Heck I guess IM just easy if they want to pay up keep on my truck and put gas in it I ll let AOL put a banner on it too!!!!!!!! LOL Im a bought woman i tell ya. But that truck is expensive you know LOL and I Love my truck but taking good care and keeping it up and running is my goal LOL hAPPY thanksgiving
 
I think eventually everybody will find an answer that works for them, either way I'll keep reading those who stayed and those who left. Too many smart, funny, and just plain great writers out there! Who cares what kind of blogs they are doing their blogging in?!!!
 
See! Told you I'd track you down. I aleady read a couple of Blogger journals anyways. If you do leave AOL all together, be sure to download AIM so you can come in and play with us for free! lol
God bless you and yours this holiday! I'll be back. ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?