Saturday, November 19, 2005

 
I'v never been much into Creed.. they got big after my time I guess you could say (gawd I'm getting old lol) I don't listen to secular radio really so they kinda were out of my realm so to speak. But I do remember one day flipping threw the stations and stopping on that song Arms Wide Open. Blew me away.. to me it sounded more like an alter call then a simple song and I thought out loud.. that is awesome.. how did they get THAT on regular radio! Then later I learned the song wasn't about what I thought it was.. talk about subjective lol.. it was about when Scott Stapp found out he was going to have a child.

I guess there has always been some back and forth on weather Creed was a "Christian" band or not and watching a behind the music sort of thing it seems Scott came from a strong Christian home but that was about all that was Christian about them. So I just shrugged my shoulders and haven't paid much attention to them. Not to mention I am pretty much clueless when it comes to any kind of music.. I am a casual listener and don't really follow any one band (that excludes you Neil hehe) I am one who believes that what you listen to, read and watch feeds you in one way or another so I am somewhat careful what I feed myself.. garbage in garbage out so they say.

I remember after the Passion Of The Christ came out and a cd was released of songs inspired by that movie Scott Stapp had one on there. I loved it.. it was called Relearn Love. I don't really do message boards but for some reason or another I stumbled upon one talking about him and his solo career and that song. I commented wondering.. Is Scott a prodigal son? and that he would do well if he moved over to the Christian Genre and left the secular stuff behind. LOL ofcourse that got backlash like you wouldn't believe or maybe you would if you frequent message boards. One comment that stuck with me was that cross over bands never survive .. but I tend to disagree with that.. there is more of a growing following for Christian music.. at least from what I see.. but ofcourse that is mostly what I listen to so I am not objective lol. I guess some artists feel if they are labeled a Christian band that puts a nail on their career and they can't make it.. a shame.. just look at Eversence who my one friend swore up and down that they were a Christian band but all I ever read about them was them arguing the point that they were certainly not. For me I don't want to support a group that tries to cross over with out really being strong on who is their real source.. I like to know, that is just me.

So now Scott Stapp is coming out with a solo album and I am some what leery.. I want to dig it.. some of the tunes I have previewed do seem to be reaching out to God. The Great Divide could be a powerful song. And yes it is not for me to judge anyone's heart. I just would really like to hear him say.. I was wrong before but now I surrender my life and want to glorify him. That would speak to millions and touch many more then one song that may or may not be about God.

Just my humble opinions.. pay no attention lol.

The Great Divide By Scott StappRelease date: By 22 November, 2005

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?